Areas of Expertise
- Commercial, retail, and industrial valuations
- Residential development project valuations (i.e., residential subdivisions, englobo land, built form developments)
- Specialised and trading properties (i.e., hotels, motels, taverns / licensed premises, lifestyle (retirement) villages, caravan parks, childcare centres, accommodation resorts, service stations etc.)
- Rental Determinations
- Expert Witness in property disputes in the District Court, Supreme Court, Federal Court, Family Law Court and State Administrative Tribunal
Duncan joined Knight Frank in 1984, initially working in their Commercial Property Management Department before transferring to the Project Management Department and then finally to the Valuation Department, leading to professional licensing in 1988. In 1991 Duncan worked with the East Perth Redevelopment Authority as their property officer then moved in 1993 to Hooker Corporate’s (Perth) Valuation Department as Senior Valuer.
Duncan joined Opteon (Western Australia) (formerly Christie Whyte Moore) in 1994 as a Senior Valuer and was elevated to a Director of the firm in January 1999. During subsequent years Duncan has continuously remained as Commercial Department Director of Opteon’s Perth based practice, overseeing, and undertaking a wide variety of Specialised and Development Valuations throughout Perth and Western Australia.
- Fellow of the Australian Property Institute (Admitted 1998) (API Member No: 64637)
- Associate Member of the Australian Property Institute (Admitted 1988)
- Certified Practising Valuer
- Licensed Valuer (Western Australia) No. 497
- Bachelor of Business (Valuation & Land Economy) – Curtin University WA
- Bachelor of Science (UWA)
Mobile: +61 413 449 477