Areas of Expertise
- Commercial and hospitality property valuation
- Complex agribusiness valuations
- Rental assessments and arbitrations
- Feasibility studies of development projects
- Property consulting including analysis of procurement and disposal options
- Business management
William has in excess of 25 years’ experience as a Commercial Property Valuer working for multi-national accounting and valuation businesses, a period of employment with the Commonwealth of Australia (Australian Property Group), Colliers International, and with Opteon (and its predecessors) since 2000.
William is proud to have served on the Australian Valuation and Property Standards Board and was actively involved in the maintenance and writing of Valuation Standards and Guidance Notes for the Australian Property Institute (API).
From 2017-19 William served as the Chair of the Tasmanian Committee of the API.Major properties William has valued include the Commonwealth Government Centre; the Australian Taxation Office Building; the Henry Jones IXL Development (Sullivans Cove); Freycinet Lodge; Strahan Village; and major industrial facilities. Other assignments include the valuation of portfolios for various State Government Departments (State Growth, Treasury, Health and Police) and private sector corporations.
William specialises in intensive agribusiness/aquaculture and marine assets, and waterfront tourism resorts.
William has previously held company Director positions within professional service businesses managing a State-wide business with approximately 50 staff, and has experience in business management and corporate governance.
In July 2020 William was awarded the prestigious Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Property Professional of the Year Award in recognition of his contributions to the property industry in Australia.
- Bachelor of Business (Land Economy)
- Fellow of the Australian Property Institute
- Certified Practising Valuer
- Certificate of Compliance with the Australian Property Institute Continuing Professional Development Program
Mobile: +61 408 400 678