Areas of Expertise
- Pastoral and Agricultural Land Valuations for mortgage security and succession planning
- Valuation of Agribusiness Facilities and Associated Infrastructure
- Compensation Assessments for Land Acquisitions and Resumptions including mining, energy and gas, general infrastructure including roads, railways and power lines, compensation for damages and change of land use.
- Rural improvements valuations for tax purposes
- Valuation for Property Taxation and Legislation
Murray commenced his career as an Agricultural Economist and Farm Financial Counsellor with the Queensland Department of Primary Industries from 1999 until 2003 working in Emerald, Bundaberg and Goondiwindi. Following this Murray was employed as an Agribusiness Specialist by the Commonwealth Bank, Emerald and Biloela until 2007 when he founded Powers Agribusiness Services in Biloela and worked as a Rural Consultant until 2011. During this time, Murray was also employed by NPR Valuers and become a Registered Valuer in November 2010.
Opteon (Central and Southern QLD) Pty Ltd purchased NPR Valuers in 2011. Murray became a partner of Opteon (Central Queensland) Pty Ltd in July 2014 which has now amalgamated into Opteon. Murray was appointed as Director – Specialised & Advisory in April 2017 and oversees rural property valuations undertaken in Queensland.
Murray specialises in the Agribusiness field and grew up on a family mixed farming operation. He has run his own cattle and dryland and irrigated cropping business since 2002 with properties located on the Darling Downs and in Central Queensland.
- Associate Member of the Australian Property Institute
- Certified Practising Valuer
- Bachelor of Business (Property Studies)
- Bachelor of Agricultural Economics
M: +61 407 175 566